Wow! Tangicloud’s first visit to Dynamics Communities annual Summit, this year in Phoenix Arizona, was spectacular. If you ever get the opportunity to attend this conference for all things Microsoft Dynamics, grab that chance and go. Here’s what I experienced this year:
- The Size of the Community! - There were almost 7,000 people in attendance, swallowing up the Phoenix Convention Centers’ multiple buildings, with classes, meetings, expo hall and more. There were Summit 2018 events for newcomers and experienced users alike. I was in a class by Innovia’s Alan Wyne and Bob Beaird on Value Stream Mapping that had close to 80 people in attendance. Those folks were treated to the practicalities of project management from people who obviously know their material.
- The News – Dynamics Business Central (formerly Dynamics NAV) is the choice for Microsoft’s cloud commitment. General Manager Marko Perisic, the person in charge of all the Dynamics accounting software solutions, was in a fireside chat and made this comment:
“Let me be as clear as I can. Microsoft’s cloud first, mobile first strategy is with Business Central. GP (Great Plains) isn’t going away, but we are not taking GP to the cloud.”
This comment underscores the value of Dynamics 365 Business Central as the platform for anyone wanting a true cloud deployment for their ERP software. Tangicloud is powered by Business Central, and so remains a relevant solution for any nonprofit or government needing a sophisticated and reliable vertical solution on the Microsoft Cloud.
- The Impact – Although Marko’s comment was not a surprise, this is the first time Microsoft’s road map has been so clearly articulated. The impact was impressive. Many large “GP shops” are now looking around for Business Central apps and full solutions to help their customers over the next five to ten years transition to the latest and most popular Microsoft platform – Business Central. Business Central has over 160,000 customer organizations world-wide and continues to grow. Tangicloud is the most experienced industry solutions vendor (ISV) with customers running in the Microsoft cloud..
- Tangicloud’s Cloud Solution Showcased – As a Gold Sponsor of Summit 2018, Tangicloud enjoyed the opportunity to showcase our solution to an enthusiastic group of partners and customers. The interest generated in a modern, cloud-based product specifically designed for the nonprofit and government industries was spectacular and allows us to forecast significant growth in both our customer base and our partner program. This means that Tangicloud has become the first choice for Dynamics partners to help them meet their customer requirements. Please keep an eye out for announcements in our newsletter.
- Next Year – Dynamic Communities tends to bounce from east to west in its Summit conference location (although apparently there is at least one person in the crowd who continues to push for Summit in Texas every year). Next year’s Summit will be the week of October 13, 2019 in Orlando, Florida. I can feel the magic already. Hope you’ll make plans to attend. Other Dynamics events include Power BI World Tour, User Group Focus, Collaborate Canada and Extreme 365 and a host of others.
This is a quick round up of what I saw and participated in. Maybe you have more to add? Please comment below. And - Make yours a Dynamics Day!